Low Cost Green Energy
Is the increasing cost of power threatening your competitiveness and eating into your bottom line?
Why not benefit from some of the lowest cost, most reliable, green electricity in North America?
Just across the border in New York State, St. Lawrence County offers a real alternative: fixed, long term, discount power contracts to promote, encourage, attract, and develop job opportunities and economically sound commerce and industry.
The low-cost economic development power allocated to St. Lawrence County is made available through the New York Power Authority’s Preservation Power Program. These fixed, low-cost electricity rates offer a significant advantage over market-based rates in Ontario and elsewhere…providing valuable insurance against expected escalation in commodity prices.
The Facts on Ontario’s Rising Power Costs
High and rising electricity costs are a significant and growing concern for industrial customers in Ontario. Several factors are responsible for this trend. They include:
- Benchmarking studies by the Association of Major Power Consumers in Ontario show that the province now has among the highest posted rates for industry in North America. Click here for report.
- According to the Ontario Ministry of Energy’s 2010 Long Term Energy Plan, electricity bills are projected to rise about 3.5 percent per year over the next 20 years as a result of massive investments in energy infrastructure.
Comparing Power Rates
St. Lawrence County, New York vs. Ontario
A recently published benchmarking assessment compared preferred power rates offered in St. Lawrence County, New York, to typical power costs in Ontario. The results of the assessment revealed significant cost benefits in St. Lawrence County. Examples of comparative power costs include:
- A general service customer paying $55,000 per month in Ontario would pay only $40,000 per month in New York, a savings of 27%
- An intermediate customer paying $2.8 million per year in Ontario would pay $1.53 million in the service area of National Grid in New York and only $1.02 million per year in Massena – a savings of 64%
- A large customer (over 5000kW monthly peak demand) would pay $4.4 million per year in Ontario, but only $1.97 million per year in New York, a 55% savings or $2.45 million per year.
To find out more about comparative rates between St. Lawrence County and other jurisdictions or to have an actual competitive assessment done based on your existing power requirements, contact us today.